Monday, February 25, 2013

Perseverance ...


There are days in the river when perseverance is essential, days when you are tangled, broken off, and have lost more flies than you care to admit. Saturday I overcame each of these obstacles, and left the river proud of who I am. I continue to learn to control frustration, anger, and disappointment ... totally no, but each, and every outing I progress, as an angler, and as a man. 


Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” 
― Abraham Lincoln


Have A Great Week ~ Jim



Please Consider Following Us On Facebook 










3 comments:

backcountryfishnerd said...

I wish I knew why I like that first picture so much! I also wish I knew why the fish in the ark are super squirrely one day and lazy the next.

Gary Drake said...

Life is full of simple truths Jim and one is that there will be frustrating days on the water along with days that are unforgettable. It's the thought process after a rough day where the real learning process comes into play with our sport.

Rainbow Chaser said...

I am of a mind that the more you fish as you get older, the more the angler is able to handle some tough times on the water. I look at fishing today much differently than I did as a young fly slinger. I am thinking I may need some therapy sometime on the Arkansas.